Texas Press Association members and small community newspapers qualify for membership rates and discounts when Fort Worth hosts the 2020 Key Executives Mega-Conference Feb. 17-19 at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel.
The Key Executives Mega-Conference is a joint effort of America’s Newspapers (formed from the merger of Inland Press Association and Southern Newspaper Publishers Association), Local Media Association, News Media Alliance and Texas Press Association.
Members of each of these associations - including TPA – are eligible to register and reserve exhibit space at member rates of $995 (non-member rate is $1,295.) In addition, to help attract more community newspapers, privately owned small newspapers with staffs of fewer than five employees may register at half price, $445.
According to the organizers, this year's event will feature sessions from the leading voices in the newspaper industry. Among the topics are:
• Acquiring and retaining greater engagement and revenue from news consumers;
• Recruiting and retaining the best sales talent, client relationship approaches that drive better revenue and results and finding the right mix of digital and print product lines;
• Philanthropic funding of journalism projects, for-profit companies changing to non-profit status and digital-only news operations;
• Marketing for 2020 and beyond by telling newspapers' stories of public service, community focus, advertising performance and digital transformation; and
• The business of story telling with real world examples of what works.
Mega-Conference attendance ranges from 700-900 attendees. Most of the attendees are owners, publishers, digital officers or revenue officers of media operations with both print and digital assets, serving their local communities.
For more information, including a full conference program, visit the conference website bu clicking here.