Contact: Rob Ziehr, (254) 742-9888, email@example.com
TEMPLE, Texas, March 31, 2021 — The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Texas today announced opportunities for partners to receive funding through its Texas Partners for Conservation Program. Applications must be submitted through grants.gov by June 1, 2021.
“Conservation of our natural resources can be achieved through effective collaboration with our network of partners to leverage NRCS resources and develop state and community level conservation leadership,” said Kristy Oates, NRCS state conservationist for Texas. “This partner-led approach will accelerate the development of conservation plans to address environmental quality issues on agricultural lands within Texas and improve outreach to historically underserved producers.”
Priority will be placed on Conservation Technical Assistance projects that:
- Provide high quality technical services that help customers achieve their conservation goals.
- Increase adoption of conservation in Texas.
- Increase easement outreach, training, and education.
Priority will be placed on Outreach projects that:
- Provide high quality technical services that help historically underserved producers achieve their conservation goals through NRCS conservation practice standards.
- Increase participation of historically underserved producers in conservation programs (technical and/or financial assistance) by at least 1 percent of the total number of participants reached.
- Provide training opportunities through one-on-one consultations, workshops, conferences, or any other event that focuses on historically underserved producers.
- Provide a method to follow-up with historically underserved producers to measure rate of success of their participation in both technical and financial assistance by NRCS staff.
- Provide training opportunities, outreach, and education on easements through one-on-one consultations, workshops, and conferences.
There is no cost sharing or matching requirement for this opportunity, but this factor is considered in the review process. The funding floor is $25,000, and the ceiling is $75,000. These numbers refer to the total agreement amount, not any specific budget period.
All funding applications for USDA-NRCS-TX-21-NOFO0001103 must be submitted via grants.gov by June 1, 2021. For assistance with the registration process, contact grants.gov applicant support at 1-800-518-4726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants are required to have an administrative and technical contact participate in the Texas NRCS training for Administration of Federal Agreements. This training is usually held within six months of the award start date.
For more information about NRCS and its conservation programs, visit www.tx.nrcs.usda.gov.
USDA is an equal opportunity employer, provider, and lender.