2020 56th Annual Lone Star Fair & Expo PSA
What: 56th Annual Lone Star Fair & Expo
When: March 20, 21, 22, 2020 (3rd weekend in March)
Where: Brownwood Coliseum, 500 East Baker St.
Time: Friday 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
- Friday: $6.00 for Adults 13+, $4.00 for Children.
- Saturday: $6.00 for Adults 13+, $4.00 for Children.
- Sunday: $6.00 for Adults 13+, $4.00 for Children.
Parking : Empty lot on Washington Street to the side of the Lehnis Railroad Museum. Courtesy of BNSF Railway Company.
Gator Country - The Gator country show will include a 1 hour educational show about alligators with a 10ft alligator, small pool filled with 3ft alligators for spectators to hold and touch, 6ft alligator for pictures, and alligator merchandise.
- Friday: 6pm
- Saturday: 1pm, 5pm
- Sunday: 2pm
- Rattlesnake Corps. Educational Shows – What to do if you ever run into a rattlesnake in the wild & other facts about rattlesnakes.
- Vendors – All kinds of vendors. Rattlesnake merchandise, arts, crafts and food. Over 75 different vendors.
- We had a record breaking attendance with over 8000 attendees
- Over 75 vendors
Gary Saurage from Gator Country
- 1hr Educational show about alligators
- 5ft Alligator named Dallas
- Pool filled with 2-3 ft alligators for spectators to hold.
- 6ft alligator for pictures
- 10 ft alligator for demonstration
- A baby hatchling that was born in September
- The Rattlesnake Corps. is a group of Jaycees members that are dedicated to teaching young kids how to handle deadly snakes in the wild.
Volunteer Spots - We have volunteer spots open for the Rattlesnake Roundup. This is a great volunteer opportunity for teens and college students. Volunteers can sign up by contacting Erika Stumpfrock at 940-452-5158.
Vendor Information - Call Zach Speegle at 325-998-7340
Vendor Application: http://bit.ly/2vo4DxO
56th Lone Star Fair & Expo set for March 20, 21, 22
The 54th Lone Star Fair & Expo presented by the Brownwood Jaycees will be held on March 20, 21, 22 at the Brownwood Coliseum.
The three-day event will feature all-day educational programs about rattlesnakes presented by the Jaycee Rattlesnake Corps., and various food and product booths. Saturday and Sunday will feature alligator educational shows by Gary Saurage from Gator Country. The Gator country show will also include a pool filled with smaller alligators for spectators to hold and touch, pictures with an alligator, and alligator merchandise.
“We’re really excited to bring Gary Saurage from Gator Country to Brownwood,” said Pat Mclaughlin, the event chair for the 2020 Lone Star Fair & Expo.
“The 1 hour shows will feature an educational program about Alligators with an 11ft Alligator named Dallas ”
Tickets will be $6 for Adults 13+, $4 for children. Doors will open on Friday, March 20 from 3 pm - 8 pm, Saturday, March 21 from 10 am – 8 pm, and Sunday, March 22 from noon to 5 pm.
For more information about the Lone Star Fair & Expo, contact Pat McLaughlin via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (325) 642-6809
Additional art: Poster