Seeking Senior News Reporter
The Longview News-Journal, an award-winning daily newspaper, needs a passionate senior news reporter who lives to beat the competition, always has a pocket full of ideas for newsy enterprise, and loves competing for the top spot on our home page, front page and social media channels.
Candidates will have a proven ability to:
· Build a beat and break news.
· Generate story ideas independently and collaborate with online and print staff on daily news and enterprise.
· Produce multimedia content.
· Cover and advance news using social media tools.
· Produce fast-turnaround stories on major news that can help drive online traffic.
· Produce enterprise off the news to advance the story.
· Write with an authoritative voice and have the ability to quickly synthesize material from multiple sources.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, curious and dedicated to fair and accurate reporting. We need reporters who are comfortable interacting with all types of people – from sources to readers – and who can skillfully relay both the hard news and the human interest story.
This is a senior-level reporter position and requires three-plus years of reporting experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and vacation. Excellent working environment and management team.
Candidates must have valid driver’s license and auto insurance and must be able to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, clips or links to published work demonstrating your ability to fulfill the job requirements, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.