The Victoria Advocate is looking for a talented Regional Reporter. The Regional Reporter covers the six counties outside of Victoria County, finding features as well as issue
stories to report on. If you're interested and have the following skills and qualifications, please send your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strong working relationship with city and county officials in the region.
• Develop strong working relationships with non-officials (everyday people) in the region.
• Learn the issues of the region.
• Learn what is important to the communities.
• Learn how and be willing to file open records requests and follow through with information gained.
• In addition to breaking news and hard news, be on the lookout for good features.
• Be willing and able to take photos and produce video as needed.
• Promote stories and the Advocate on social media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram).
• Attend and participate in weekly staff planning meetings.
• To write stories for quarterly magazine.
• To write stories for special sections.
• To be a positive influence in the newsroom and while in the public representing the Advocate.
• To do the best job you possibly can daily.
• To be honest, fair, transparent and respectful
• All other duties that may be assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism-related field of study
• At least 1 year experience, internships are accepted
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills with PCs.
• Proficiency with Blox CMS
Thank you for your attention and we hope to connect with you!