Poynter’s online News University is offering a new webinar for folks starting out in the journalism field.
“Flourish, Don’t Flounder, at Your First Journalism Job” is set for 1 p.m. Aug. 30.
The one-hour session will cover:
• What to include (and leave out) on your resume and cover letter
• The important skills you’ll need for any job
• How to tell if a job or internship will be good for you
• Ways to impress your boss without being a suck-up
• Navigating the conversations about more opportunities
• What to wear, what to bring and all the other questions you're afraid to ask
The session is $29.95. For more information and to register, click here.