The award-winning Victoria Advocate, located in Victoria, TX, is seeking a Local Advertising Sales Manager to join its team. With a robust combination of print, digital and niche products and services, we strive to position ourselves as the go-to source for news in the Greater Victoria and Crossroads area.
We are looking for a professional Advertising Sales Manager with:
* Great work attitude: Self-motivation, a sense of urgency and a relentless pursuit of goals.
* Consistent accountability for results: The planning skills to develop products and campaigns and people skills to lead sales teams to sell them at budgeted levels or above.
* A client focused approach to multimedia proposals to match the clients’ annual objectives, considering the impact of the full suite of digital, social and print advertising products..
* An organized approach to business plans, with attention to overall strategy and critical details.
* The ability to function as a member of a management team – as well as to lead a sales team.
* Excellent communication skills and a confidence in presenting both to individuals and groups.
* An ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines – good project management skills.
* Strong knowledge of what makes an effective print ad and marketing campaign.
* Working knowledge of competing media types.
* Ability to recruit, train and develop consultative advertising sellers (i.e. ability to build a team).
Are you qualified? You just might be, if you:
* Have a track record of success at growing advertising revenues on your own and/or by leading a team, including coaching, role plays, joint calls and performance planning.
* Have a reputation for being flexible and attuned to the culture of a business and its workers – both getting along and getting things done.
* Are an adept user of common business software and contact management/order processing systems as well as with networking and recruiting through online and social media.
* Have at least 3 years sales and/or sales management experience.
What’s in it for you?
* A fun, friendly work atmosphere with professional standards
* Innovation opportunities as we work to produce 21st century ad products and services – print, digital, mobile, social – through all channels
* A chance to make a difference every day, working alongside talented and dedicated associates
* A strong base salary and monthly bonus opportunities
* A full suite of benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability and 401(k) retirement plan
* Generous paid time off
* An opportunity to build an exciting, profitable and rewarding career
* Candidates must have a valid driver's license and auto insurance and must successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to the email provided. Please be sure to include the position in the subject line of your email.