Fenice Community Media Group, headquartered in the Austin suburb of Cedar Park, is seeking an audience development and distribution supervisor. This position will be based at the Hill Country News in Cedar Park but will work with our other newspapers on audience development tasks.
Primary job duties include managing the distribution of the weekly-published Hill Country News in Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock and surrounding areas, including pickup of newspapers in bulk from the press, delivery to various area post offices, and to our small group of home delivery and single copy carriers. The distribution supervisor will deliver a large single copy route as well as audit and manage collections for single copy sales. This position also manages the circulation database software for our five weekly newspapers, managing the renewal process and working to retain and grow the subscriber base through active retention and sales efforts. Knowledge of U.S. Postal Service Periodical Mail requirements and experience managing subscriber mailing lists in a newspaper circulation software program is essential.
Candidates with prior experience in a newspaper circulation department strongly preferred. Experience with Interlink circulation software a plus. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. This position requires tenacity, consistency, good judgment, quick decision making and solid interpersonal skills. Must have strong time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and give attention to detail.
This position requires:
- Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Good computer skills, including email, internet searches, use of our circulation database, and work with software vendors to set up and manage online subscription sales and renewals.
- Ability to problem solve, resolve issues & complaints, demonstrate sound reasoning, exercise judgment, and make decisions.
- All weather driving in both day and night hours.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to bend to lift and carry bundles of newspapers weighing up to 50 lbs.; the ability to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers, and the - ability to carry sacks of newspapers and boxes of supplies.
- Safely driving a company box truck for bulk routes from the printing plant to various post offices and distribution sites, and your own vehicle for - home delivery routes, single copy routes, and other required driving.
- A valid Texas driver's license, reliable vehicle, proof of insurance and have a clean DMV report.
The schedule for this position includes weekdays with periodic evening hours on Wednesdays. Compensation includes base salary plus bonuses. Benefits plan includes medical and dental insurance and a generous paid time off plan.
Fenice Community Media is a privately-owned group of Texas community newspapers that prefers to promote from within. If you meet the above qualifications and are ready for the challenge, please apply online by submitting your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Apply here: https://fenicecommunitymedia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=64&source=tpa