Regardless of preparation or characteristics, or otherwise meeting the standards stated above, the materials described below are not eligible for the Periodical rates.
• A separate price or subscription instructions different from those of the host publication.
• The word “catalog.”
• A First-Class Mail, Standard Mail, or Package Service permit imprint.
• An ISBN (International Standard Book Number).
• An ISSN (International Standard Serial Number) or USPS number different from that of the host publication.
• Products that may not be mailed at Periodicals rates.
• Examples include stationery (such as pads of paper or blank printed forms); cassettes; floppy disks; merchandise; and wall, desk, and blank calendars. Printed pages, including oversized pages and calendars, are not considered products if they are not offered for sale.
• Package Services (parcels) may not be combined with a Periodical publication.