The Postal Regulatory Commission has ruled that the Full-Service Intelligent Mail barcode constitutes a rate increase. As a result, the Postal Service is delaying the Jan. 26, 2014, implementation of the new requirement for automation price discounts. Mailers who are not enrolled in Full-Service by Jan. 26, 2014 will still be able to claim automation prices.
The PRC ruling and resulting delay of Full Service was completely unexpected. If TPA members have any questions, please contact Periodicals Consultant Joel Allis at
Despite the setback, the Postal Service will continue moving aggressively to achieve 100 percent visibility in the mail through Full-Service.
Mailers are encouraged to contact their Mail Service providers and Software vendors to help transition to Full-Service to get the automation discount prices and access the benefits. There is an online Intelligent Mail Small Business Tool that enables small mailers to take the first steps into Full-Service. This tool will remain in place and local bulk mail entry units will continue providing information on how customers can receive automation and Full-Service discount prices.
Full-Service provides customers with:
· An additional per piece discount on every Full-Service mailpiece.
· Address correction information at no additional cost for Full-Service mailpieces, providing Change of Address (or COA) information and Nixie (or undeliverable-as-addressed) information.
· The ability to track service performance through reports and scan information.
· Container, tray and mailpiece visibility.
· Annual permit fees waived when 90 percent or more of cumulative annual mailings consist of Full-Service mail.
· The opportunity to use the same permit at any location via our Mail Anywhere program.
To learn more about Full-Service, visit http://ribbs.usps.gov and click on Latest News under the Intelligent Mail Services tab. A list of authorized software vendors that have tested their products with the Postal Service can be found on RIBBS/Certifications/eDoc & Full-Service https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=electronicdoc.