1. Stephenville Empire-Tribune, “12 Non-profits of Christmas” Wow! Not only creative in concept but what a great follow-up on story writing.
2. The Kerrville Daily Times, “Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Center” Wow. Good following a long project. Congratulations on a wonderful investment into your community.
3. Beaumont Enterprise, “Breast Cancer Awareness” Pink is eye-catching, worth saving.
4. The Facts, Clute, “Reinitiation of Public Comment Period in Governmental Body’s Open Meetings” Good reporting.
1. Wise County Messenger, Decatur, “Uncovering Effects of Gas Drilling in Wise County” Scrapbook presentation well done. Excellent coverage and followthrough. Interesting reading as story kept unfolding something new. Good photo illustrations captured each part well. And packaging all this into a video - outstanding! Kudos to your news team for working hard on this story and presenting it in a reader-friendly way. No doubt you have put the spotlight on this industrial issue and helped some of your readers along the way. Bravo!
2. Hood County News, Granbury, “Support Our Troops - Adopt One!” Outstanding idea, great coverage! Definitely a win-win for your community and these soldiers. Great story packaging and your scrapbook of entries was well executed. Now that’s what I call great community service! I hope you continue to feature the men and women of the armed services for many years to come and rally your readers to get involved on another project of goodwill.
3. Polk County Enterprise, Livingston, “Commerce Center College Opening” Wow! Amazing what can be done when a community works together on a project. High-fives to your editorial staff for keeping focus of the project and getting local faces in the paper to encourage more community support and donations. No doubt your efforts to keep your readers talking about this and finding answers to their questions helped encourage a positive outcome for everyone involved. I hope you will revisit the Center one year after the opening to see how things have progressed. Great job!
4. The Bastrop Advertiser, “Breast Cancer Support Group Meeting” Excellent project! Way to step up and bring a service to your community. Nice to see advertiser support for such a project. Here’s hoping your “pink pages” edition grows in support year after year. Best of luck on your new publication - nice tie-in to your ongoing community service project, too.
1. Refugio County Press, “Refugio Turbulent Year” Great coverage start to finish. Nice work! Very interesting to read.
2. The Canadian Record, “Home Sweet Slum” Great project, beautifully done. Nice pictures, great coverage.
3. The Smithville Times, “Smithville Community Gardens” Wonderful project, wonderful coverage, complete coverage. Beautiful pictures.
4. Mart Messenger, “Mart Community Project” Good project, great coverage, nice pictures.