1. The Beaumont Enterprise - Great overall coverage and packaging. The spread on the mechanics of two long jump specialists gave you a clear edge in this category.
2. Odessa American - Fine job of packaging a lot of information - with graphics and agate on non-local things into your section. An easy-to read, easy-to-find section. Reader friendly.
3. Midland Reporter-Telegram - Nice job of creating a lot of entry points. I liked the golf/tennis agate packaging.
4. The Courier, Conroe - Good reader package on inning-by-inning scoring summary of state title game. I liked the way you got to info up front. Simile photo a grabber.
1. River Cities Daily Tribune, Marble Falls - You win because of the breadth of coverage and packaging that makes section easy to navigate and reader friendly. Very clean look.
2. The Terrell Tribune - Your football coverage and section are great. Unfortunately when you enter a football section you lose points on range of coverage. But I really like what you are trying to do with your creativity and packaging.
3. Waxahachie Daily Light - Both front pages submitted looked too much alike. The cutout effect works on special occasions not every day. Good coverage and great packaging.
4. Alice Echo News Journal - Good job of local commentary and helping the reader through your section.
1. Wise County Messenger - Great overall packaging. Clean look and packaging of headlines make section reader-friendly. I love the way you are not afraid to use big photos. They draw readers into the section. Solid, blue-ribbon job front to back.
2. The Bowie News - Good reader-friendly elements. Some of the best and clearest photos we saw. Great packaging. This was not far out of first.
3. Williamson County Sun - Best writing we saw in this category. I really like the Ask the Trainer feature.
4. Hood County News - Clean look. You get a lot of information in a small space. Nice column.
1. The Canyon News - You win on range of coverage. You get a lot of local information in not a lot of space.
2. The Highlander, Marble Falls - Nice readable package with plenty of names and faces. Layout and graphics the best in category division.
3. Copperas Cove Leader Press - Nice job of getting a lot of information in a consistent package.
4. Breckenridge American - Not much space inside but you do a nice job on the front with variety of news. You're not afraid to use large photos with limited space.
1. Park Cities People - Superb photos and printing. Design very well done, writing crisp and concise.
2. Fredericksburg Standard Radio Post - Very good front to back. Give photographer a raise. Knowing where to be for the shot is half the battle.
3. Wylie News - Very good job covering sports.
4. Mansfield News-Mirror - One of the better papers read today. Very good columns and insight on topics.
1. Cedar Hill Today - No comments.
2. Westlake Picayune - Excellent writing and layout. Very good pictures. Give photographer a raise.
3. Frio Nueces Current - Great football coverage with other sports.
4. Cedar Creek Pilot - Loved the different topics covered. Good writing by Holli Kees.
1. Rockwall County News - A clear winner. Great range of coverage. Excellent photos and use of them. Love your centerpiece heads. You give your readers a treat.
2. Pilot Point Post-Signal - Nice writing. Good use of photos. Your section comes alive.
3. Frisco Enterprise -You give your readers a lot of information and you do it in a compelling way.
4. Farmersville Times - Nice job of giving your readers information and commentary.
1. Hill County Community Journal, Kerrville - Loved the "play of the week" and graphic treatment of best of the best. The range of coverage you offer your community is amazing.
2. Pearland Journal - A tough call for first and second. I really liked your full-blown photo of "Pearadise Lost" and the "Happy 100th, Coach Van" treatment.
3. The Citizen, Clear Lake - Nicely conceived package for all district. Tops in this division were close.
4. The Albany News -I like the clarity of your color photos. Good use of agate.
1. Alvord Gazette - The range of your sports coverage is astounding for a weekly. You've made a real commitment to sports and it's showing. Layout is shaky and disjointed at times, but you get a whole lot of information in.
2. Sachse News - Lots of information. Lots of pictures and names and some opinion. Just what the local readers want.
3. Little Elm Journal - Your photos draw people in on story. Great photo of girl in volleyball match. Good overall coverage.
4. Murphy Monitor - I like the way you use your large photos and the schedule agate on front page. This is a very reader-friendly section.